Apple’s iPhone 4S may look the same as the iPhone 4, but its capabilities make it more like a brand-new version. iPhone 4S has the same external dimensions and appearance as the iPhone 4 – so the only differences are under the hood – but these differences are hugely significant.
Here are the key differences between the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 4:
- New processor = 7x faster graphics rendering
- New battery provides 3 days of music listening between charges, and 1 full day of talking
- New camera has a f/2.4 lens (great for shooting low-light and blurry background effects)
- New video capture records video at 1080p
- iCloud integration will backup all your photos and music in Apple’s servers, available for you to download anytime at no cost
- Available on Sprint for the first time
- World phone capabilities, it works on both GSM and CDMA networks
- Siri voice assistant – a very smart voice app that recognizes you commands, knows your schedule and contacts and relationships, and actually works. You can tell it to “remind me to call my mother on Saturday morning” and it will do that for you.
- Same physical appearance and dimensions
- Same display and resolution
- Same front-facing camera
- Same iOS